5 Best Free SEO Tools You Need To Rank high on Google
FREE is Exciting!! and when it gets you high Search Engine ranking, web traffic, and revenue, its a bliss. Fortunately, there are tons of Free SEO tools available nowadays. In this post, we will back up the idea of ‘stop investing in expensive SEO tools for top ranking by explaining the best FREE SEO tools we think are keepers. Let’s begin!!
5 Free SEO Tools That Will Help You Rank high on Google
1. Google Search Console
This is a FREE SEO tool from Google toolkit that helps businesses to optimize their sites for search. It provides tons of information that can help you in making effective SEO decisions. Here is an overview of what information and analysis you can expect from Google Search Console:
- Have an in-depth keywords analysis, including their search volume and CPC
- Learn about which pages/blogs are ranking higher for your targeted keywords
- Compare current website traffic and trends for six months
- Look for pages getting high traffic, pages having high click rates, and even high bounce rate
- Have detailed issues report for your websites like any crawl errors or broken links
- Learn about your website compatibility & performance issues, i.e., if it is mobile compatible or not, or if it has loading time issues, etc
Studying these metrics allow you to pinpoint the areas that require focus. You can then develop a better strategy so that your website can perform well in Google SERPs.
Image Source: Using Structured Data
A very simple example of structured data showing up in your search results would be the star ratings for your business listings just like the example below (Case1). As you can see the search results with the star ratings stand out compared to the one without it. To get results like this you have to know how to use structured data. If implemented well, a structured data strategy will allow you to show your results with rich snippets, breadcrumbs, ratings, reviews, links, price tags, and other elements in search results.
How to develop accurate structured data for your website? Google's Structured Data Markup Helper is the tool that can help you in developing & implementing structured data on your website. It will enable you to have proper schema markup for your structured data.
Once you have proper Schema Markup:
- It helps define the meaning of your data to the search engines
- It is a semantic code that, if added correctly on the website, can help you get ranked high in the SERPs
3. Google Trends
Google trends help you grow your brand along with getting your site ranked high in the SERPs. It allows you to drill down based on location, time, categories, etc. Here is what it can do for you:
- It provides you related queries suggestions
- Using the "+ Compare" tool, you can add more keywords to compare the search trends
- You get advanced insight into search results, divided into categories
- The best part is, Google trends help you find out the historical search trends for your keywords for over 15 years
Look at this image to have a better idea.
When you know what people have been searching for historically, you can leverage the information to produce content. Publishing content on what people are searching for can get you ranked in top position.
Want more traffic? Ubersuggest can help you get it on your website. It is another name from the list of Free SEO tools that have incorporated almost all features of some popular (and paid) SEO tools like SEMRush, Moz, and Ahref for free. It provides you real-time information including:
- Website traffic analysis
- Domain Overview
- Keywords Suggestions
- Content Ideas
- Top ranking pages
- Backlink Data
The Ubersuggest keyword tool gives you detailed keywords analysis, including the hundreds of more ideas with their search competition, difficulty level, and even seasonal trends for each keyword. It is one of the fastest, easiest, and best keywords research tool available today.
5. XML Sitemap Generator
Some marketers are still not clear about the role of XML sitemap in SERP results. But the fact is, it is a crucial factor that determines your website position in Google search results. Adding an XML sitemap makes your website highly indexable. The XML sitemap is basically a directory that holds detailed information of your web pages, including all the content in them.
This file has a specific format and is added for crawlers only, to tell them with certain specific information about the webpages within your website. The XML sitemap Generator is one of the free SEO tools that can quickly create this file for you, simply add your domain name, click 'Start,' and there you go.
The above mentioned free SEO tools will definitely help you to understand how you can improve your website optimization. However, these tools can be useful only if you know how to best use them and most importantly have the time to analyze and implement all the required changes. We could be your best friend when it comes to SEO of your website, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know-how.