5 Must-haves For Digital Marketing Success
- Nov 28, 2019
- 5 min read
According to Hubspot; 77% of people love to search online before they engage with any brand. That means you need to show up in the top results of SERPs, social media platforms, and other relevant online channels. If you're not investing enough resources into digital marketing strategy, then you are losing an opportunity.
But the question is how to develop a perfect digital marketing strategy. Well, the answer to it may be complicated, but yes, there are few things that you could trust blindly. Here are those 5 Must-haves for an effective digital marketing campaign.
No.1# Brand Keywords Advertising on Search Engines
Brand keywords advertising defines to run a paid advertising campaign while bidding on your brand name keywords and its variants. It ensures to get more qualified traffic as the people who are aware of your brand will only search for it. Here is how it will benefit you:
- Running brand keyword advertising increases the chances of potential and assured traffic on your landing page.
- This campaign won't be budget heavy as the brand keywords have low Cost Per Click.
- It moves traffic to dedicated landing pages instead of the home page and do not forget, a dedicated landing page, if optimized well, can increase conversion rate by 5X.
- It can get you ranked no.1 for your brand name, which organically is not a cakewalk sometimes.
- You can add Ad extensions and grab the opportunity to show site links; so that visitors can get exposed to other offer pages or product pages of your website.
If you want to be aggressive against competitors, run campaigns focused on their brand names too, but always remember they can do the same to you.
No.2# Re-targeting Display Advertising
People visit a website; some convert, and some leave after exploring the pages. The retargeting marketing emphasis on converting these window-shoppers into buyers. In other words, you got the traffic to your website now make sure you continue to marketing to them. Display advertising is the best option to win back your visitors. Here is why you should use display Ads for retargeting:
- The average website conversion rate is somewhere around 2.5%; the other 97.5% can be retargeted through effective display advertising.
- Display ads have visual effects that work more effectively in comparison to text ads.
- These Ads work as billboards while putting your brand in front of your targeted customer eyeballs while they visit other websites.
- It allows you to engage with your target audience by staying in front of their eyes.
- While your targeted audience is in the awareness and consideration stage; A regular show of display ad helps in accelerating the buyer’s journey.
Source: Digital Display Advertising for Retargeting customers
No.3# Targeted Advertising
It is the concept of advertising based on tracking the target customers’ activity on the internet while focusing on specific traits, choices, interests, and preferences. It can be better explained in the following two examples:
- Geo-Fencing Targeting Advertising refers to the practice of displaying advertisements (or any content form) to consumers based on their geographic locations. Example - Google advertising for cheap food delivery service in a university town knowing that students prefer delivery but are on a budget.
- Custom Audience Targeting on Social Media refers to target the group of people; who are the right audience for your brand to be marketed to. Example - Facebook advertising to middle-aged men with hair restoration products or services.
Depending upon your industry and audience behavior, you can choose any of these practices to target your potential customers. It can benefit you in the following ways:
- You are targeting only a qualified set of people having a high chance of a conversion.
- Geo-fencing makes your business locally relevant and invites more foot traffic.
- Makes it easy to announce any discount or special offer to a customized group of audience.
No.4# Running A/B Tests On Your Landing Pages
No digital campaign can succeed without an effective landing page, and to choose the best elements running the A/B test on the landing page is a must. If you are not optimizing your landing page, you are losing an opportunity to improve your conversions by up to 50%. Here are some other benefits of running the landing page A/B test.
- Landing page A/B test can result in a higher conversion rate
- It gives you a better understanding of your audience, needs, and preferences.
- Creating variables of your landing page results in improved content strategy, as you came to know what your audience liked most.
No.5# Experiment With All Possible Social Media Channels
Do not limit yourself by what you believe when it comes to digital marketing strategy. There are an ample number of social media channels that are doing great such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and the list is endless. Social media advertising is real and driving great results for all kinds of businesses.
Here is a rundown of some highlighted benefits you can drive from the varied social media channels:
- You can get direct inbound traffic to your website or landing pages.
- You can personalize user-experience; that can help them in making a decision when they are at an awareness or consideration stage.
- It's the easiest way to communicate one-to-one with your audience.
- Social media is a great platform to announce any business news to your audience.
- The referral traffic from social media helps you rank high in search results.
As mentioned earlier, you need to find your perfect recipe and curate an effective digital marketing strategy for your business.
Need help in building a pragmatic digital marketing strategy and make it work for you, write an email to us at email@example.com