Marketo and CRM Integration: Streamlining Your Marketing Efforts
Customer relationship management (CRM) systems are crucial for businesses of all sizes. Adobe, Marketo’s parent company, is a popular option in the market. It is a leader in CRM lead management in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for CRM Lead Management .
Marketo is an automation platform that offers a range of features that enable businesses to streamline their marketing efforts, gain insights into customer behavior, and improve ROI. In this blog post, we will look at the benefits, use cases, popular integrations, and main features of Marketo and how to integrate it with popular CRM systems.
How Does Marketo Benefit Your Business?
Marketo has a range of benefits for businesses of all sizes. Let us look at some of these in detail:
1. Improved Lead Management
Marketo platform automates lead nurturing and scoring processes, ensuring timely follow-up and a comprehensive view of each customer.
2. Increased Efficiency
By automating marketing processes and providing insights into customer behavior, Marketo improves efficiency and productivity.
3. Better Alignment Between Marketing and Sales
Marketo can help businesses align their marketing and sales efforts, improving team communication and collaboration.
4. CRM Integrations
Marketo offers state-of-the-art integrations with other marketing tools and CRM for seamless flow of data. Some of these include, Salesforce, Optimizely, Microsoft Dynamics, On24, Zapier, etc.
5. Improved ROI
By providing insights into customer behavior and enabling businesses to create targeted campaigns, Marketo can significantly improve campaign ROI.
Key Features of Marketo
Marketo offers powerful features to streamline marketing efforts and gain insights into customer behavior. In this section, we will explore some of these in detail, including lead scoring, lead nurturing, campaign management, and analytics.
1. Lead Scoring Models
Marketo lets you create lead-scoring models based on various criteria, such as demographic information, behavioral data, and engagement levels. This feature can help enterprises to prioritize follow-up efforts and allocate resources more effectively.
For example, let's say you are a B2B software company that sells a suite of products to different industries. You might use a lead scoring model to prioritize follow-up efforts by identifying leads that are most likely to convert into paying customers.
You might assign higher scores to leads who visited your pricing page multiple times, downloaded a whitepaper on a specific product, attended a webinar, or interacted with your content on social media. All this information helps you identify leads that are ready to buy. You can focus your sales and marketing efforts on those leads first, ensuring your team allocates resources more effectively and closes deals quickly.
2. Lead Nurturing Campaigns
With Marketo, you can create automated lead nurturing campaigns that deliver targeted and relevant content to leads based on their behaviors and interests. This feature can help you move leads deeper into the sales funnel and convert them into clients.
3. Dynamic Content
Marketo lets you build dynamic content tailored to individual leads depending on their interaction with your marketing assets. Dynamic content, therefore, enables you to deliver personalized experiences that drive engagement and increase conversions.
4. Account-Based Marketing
Marketo includes account-based marketing (ABM) capabilities to create targeted campaigns for specific accounts or groups. Improve your ROI by investing resources in the most promising accounts.
5. Web Personalization
Personalize your website content using Marketo based on each visitor's behaviors and interests. With such personalized experiences, you can further drive engagement and increase conversions.
For example, let's say a visitor to a website has been browsing pages related to a specific product. Marketo can use this information to personalize the website for the visitor by displaying content related to that product and offering a discount or other incentive to purchase. This personalization can increase the likelihood of that visitor converting into a customer, ultimately leading to more revenue for the business.
6. Email Marketing
Marketo provides robust email marketing capabilities, enabling businesses to create and send targeted and personalized campaigns to their leads and customers. You can track performance in real-time and adjust their campaigns accordingly.
7. Social Media Management
Manage your social media presence and engage with customers across multiple channels. Marketo uses Hootsuite Enterprise to schedule and publish social media posts, track activity, and measure performance.
8. Lead Capture Forms
Create lead capture forms to embed on their website or landing pages. Customize these forms to capture relevant information and move it directly into the Marketo platform.
9. Landing Pages
Create landing pages to capture leads and deliver targeted content. You can optimize and customize these landing pages to maximize conversions.
10. A/B testing
Run A/B tests on your marketing campaigns to identify what content and creative works best for you. A/B testing in Marketo improves your marketing efforts and increases conversions.
11. Predictive Analytics
Leverage Marketo’s predictive analytics capabilities to identify leads with the highest likelihood of converting to customers. Focus your resources on the most promising leads and improve their conversion rates.
12. Mobile App
Marketo provides a mobile app--Marketo Moments--to manage your marketing campaigns on the go. The app includes lead management, campaign management, analytics, and more, so you can always stay on top of your marketing efforts from anywhere.
Marketo-Supported CRM Integrations
As mentioned before, Marketo integrates with various CRM systems, allowing you to view each customer and streamline marketing and sales efforts comprehensively. Here are a few of those integrations:
1. Marketo Veeva CRM Integration
Veeva CRM is a CRM system designed specifically for the life sciences industry. With this integration, you can manage your interactions with healthcare professionals, patients, and other stakeholders and streamline your marketing and sales processes by ensuring that all data is up to date across both systems.
You can also automate your lead nurturing and scoring processes and segment leads based on various criteria, including lead source, lead score, and behavioral data. Here’s how to set up this integration:
- Enable the Veeva Integration Package: First, you must enable the Veeva integration package in Marketo. Do this by navigating to the LaunchPoint section of the Marketo Admin panel and clicking "CRM". From there, you can select Veeva CRM as the service and follow the prompts to enable the integration.
- Configure Field Mapping: After enabling the Veeva integration, configure the field mapping between Marketo and Veeva CRM. This ensures that data is synced correctly between the two systems. You can do it in the "Field Management" section of the Marketo Admin panel.
- Set up Synchronization: Set up synchronization between Marketo and Veeva CRM. Define the synchronization frequency and select which objects and fields to sync.
- Test and Verify: After completing the setup process, verify that data is syncing correctly between the two systems. You can do this by creating test records in Marketo and Veeva CRM.
2. Marketo SAP CRM Integration
SAP CRM is a CRM system for businesses of all sizes. The system provides several features, including lead, sales, and service management. The integration enables a seamless data transfer between the two systems, providing a 360-degree view of customers and driving engagement and conversions.
Here’s how to integrate Marketo CRM with SAP
- Create an API user in SAP that you will use for the integration.
- Configure the SAP instance by creating a custom field for the Marketo Lead ID.
- In Marketo, create a custom field to store the SAP Customer ID.
- Install and configure the Marketo connector for SAP.
- Map the custom fields in SAP and Marketo to ensure accurate data sync.
- Test the integration to ensure data is synced properly between the two systems.
- Once the integration is complete, monitor the data regularly to ensure ongoing accuracy and troubleshoot any issues.
3. Marketo-Dynamics CRM Integration
Marketo and Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration allows you to use Marketo within your Dynamics CRM system. With this integration, you can automate your marketing processes, gain insights into customer behavior, create targeted campaigns, and track each campaign’s success in real-time.
The Marketo-Dynamics CRM integration also enables you to create and manage marketing assets directly from the CRM system. Create and track marketing campaigns without leaving the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform. Here’s how to set it up:
- Connect Dynamics CRM with Marketo by installing the Dynamics CRM plug-in for Marketo.
- Go to the Admin section in Marketo and click "Launchpoint" in the left-hand menu.
- Click "New" to create a new service and select "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" from the list.
- Follow the prompts to configure the integration, including providing your Dynamics CRM credentials and selecting the entities you want to sync.
- Map the fields between Dynamics CRM and Marketo by going to the Field Mapping tab.
- Test the integration by creating a test lead in Dynamics CRM and verifying that it appears in Marketo.
4. Marketo CRM Field Map
Marketo CRM field map is a feature that enables businesses to map data fields between their CRM system and Marketo. Segment leads based on criteria like lead score and behavioral data.
By segmenting your leads, you can deliver targeted and relevant content to leads, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
In a world where customer experience is everything, Marketo can help businesses create personalized experiences that drive engagement and increase sales. Integrating it with your CRM solutions can ensure seamless flow of data and take your marketing and sales efforts to the next level. As they say, "When in doubt, Marketo it out!"
Don't know where to get started? Contact our Marketo Consultants today! Email us at email@example.com or call our toll-free number, +1 855-693-4769, for a free consultation.
Marketo is a marketing automation tool that includes some CRM features. While Marketo has basic CRM capabilities such as lead management and scoring, it is not a full-fledged CRM tool. However, Marketo can integrate with other CRM systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP CRM, and Veeva CRM to provide businesses with a comprehensive view of each customer.
Marketo is not a Customer Data Platform (CDP) but can integrate with CDPs to enhance its marketing automation capabilities. A CDP is a tool that helps businesses unify customer data from many sources, create a single customer profile, and use that profile to deliver personalized experiences across various channels. Marketo can integrate with CDPs to enable businesses to create targeted campaigns based on a comprehensive view of each customer.
Marketo certification is a program that enables individuals to demonstrate their proficiency using Marketo’s marketing automation platform. Marketo offers various certification programs, including Marketo Certified Associate, Marketo Certified Expert, and Marketo Certified Solutions Architect.
1. The Marketo Certified Associate program is designed for beginners and covers the basics of using Marketo for email marketing, lead management, and reporting. This program is an excellent way for new users to get started with the platform and gain a foundational understanding of its capabilities.
2. The Marketo Certified Expert program is for more experienced users who want to demonstrate their expertise using the platform. This program covers advanced topics such as lead scoring, analytics, and integration with other marketing tools.
3. The Marketo Certified Solutions Architect program is for individuals who want to specialize in implementing and customizing Marketo for their organization. This program covers the design, implementation, and customization of Marketo solutions.
These certifications validate an individual’s knowledge and skills in using Marketo’s platform and can be beneficial for career advancement in marketing automation. The certification program includes online courses, assessments, and exams.