Elevate Your Data Quality with HubSpot’s New Validation Rules for Properties
Clean data is a critical component of a successful digital marketing strategy. By ensuring that your data is accurate, consistent, and up-to-date, you can make informed decisions, personalize your marketing efforts, and drive better results. With clean data, you can segment your audience, track key metrics, and measure the effectiveness of your campaigns. Investing in data cleaning and validation processes can pay off in improved customer experiences, increased conversions, and a stronger overall ROI.
And for clean data what better tool than HubSpot? HubSpot's validation rules for properties are a powerful tool for maintaining clean data quality in your marketing and sales efforts. By defining particular criteria for the data in your HubSpot properties, you can use these rules to make sure that every data entered into these fields complies with your desired standards.
You can impose particular formats on phone numbers and email addresses, for instance, or establish minimum and maximum character counts for text fields. By doing so, you can reduce errors, standardize your data, and guarantee the accuracy and consistency of every piece of information you submit into HubSpot. You may enhance the quality of your data, which will result in improved insights and better decision-making, by applying these validation rules.
To learn and leverage all that HubSpot’s validation rules has to offer, it is important to learn about the importance and dimensions of data quality.
6 Dimensions of Data Quality
You consider the attributes of the data when evaluating its quality. Although they may differ from project to project, there are six universal aspects of data quality standards:
- Accuracy: To which degree the information accurately reflects reality.
- Completeness: Does it meet your standards for what constitutes a thorough statement?
- Consistency: Does information recorded in one location match pertinent information stored in another location?
- Timeliness: Are you able to access your information when you need it?
- Validity: Does the information adhere to business norms, follow a predetermined format, or is it in an useless format?
- Uniqueness: Is this the only time this information has ever been in the database?
What’s New and How to Use HubSpot’s Validation Rules for Properties?
New HubSpot features have been added to the CRM to make it easier for you to have a reliable database that you can use for various marketing or sales initiatives.
Custom text and numeric characteristics can now be subject to rules. Only after you've satisfied the property's requirements can you save the value you've entered. To maintain and upload the value into your database, you must follow the instructions.
To use the HubSpot validation rules, you must have super admin capabilities. Enroll your account in the Property Validation beta in order to use this functionality.
- The "Select validation rules" window will then open, displaying a number of checkboxes to enable validation rules for the values of the property. The selections are determined by the field type of the property.
- You can select a minimum or maximum number of characters for field types that support single-line text and multi-line text, respectively. Additionally, you can forbid special characters or limit values to only numeric characters.
- Use the Numeric field type to specify an amount range or the number of decimal places you need (this is particularly useful for currencies).
5 Benefits of HubSpot’s Validation Rules
- Improved data quality: By setting specific criteria for the data in your properties, you can eliminate errors and improve the overall quality of the information stored in your HubSpot account.
- Standardized data: Validation rules help to standardize the data in your properties, ensuring that all information is consistent and accurate.
- Better decision-making: With clean, accurate data, you can make informed decisions and gain better insights into your marketing and sales efforts.
- Increased efficiency: By automating the process of checking data quality, you can save time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual clean-up.
- Enhanced customer experiences: With accurate data, you can personalize your marketing efforts and deliver better experiences to your customers.
Overall, using HubSpot's Validation Rules is an effective way to improve the quality of your data and drive better results from your digital marketing and sales efforts.
Although it's still in development, the capability is already a potent tool for ensuring that your data is clean and your operations run smoothly. We advise all companies to utilize HubSpot's new validation criteria in order to maintain a clean and efficient CRM. Looking forward to learning more about HubSpot’s validation features? Get in touch with our experts at Growth Natives! Connect with us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.