Integrating Salesforce with Marketo Marketing Automation: Why and How You Can Do It?
Imagine you are going sweater shopping, will you go and pick the first thing you find in there? Absolutely not! You will try to make a note of all the important qualities you would want in your sweater to be like color, fabric, brand, and style.
This list will help you find you the sweater of your dreams. You undoubtedly had a similar list while you were looking at marketing automation tools on the internet. You likely thought about technological capabilities rather than pricing points or family values rather than personality attributes.
The capacity of your Marketo marketing automation platform to communicate with your CRM was undoubtedly (hopefully!) high on that list if you're like many contemporary marketers, and may even have played a role in your decision to choose your current marketing automation tool—Marketo or Salesforce.
These are two boss CRM platforms that can team up to give your sales and marketing efforts a boost. By integrating the two, Marketo and Salesforce can share lead and customer info, so you have all the info you need about your customers in one place.
This way, your sales and marketing teams can work hand-in-hand and deliver awesome experiences that keep your customers engaged and happy. Cool, right?
To know more about this extraordinary Salesforce and Marketo marketing automation integration, we bring you a guide on why and how you can integrate your Marketo and salesforce accounts to skyrocket your business growth.
Why Integrate Marketo with Salesforce?
Before we even begin to answer this question, here are a few interesting facts we would like for you to look at:
- Salesforce is the world's #1 CRM platform, with over 150,000 customers.
- Marketo marketing automation is used by close to 60,000 businesses.
- Companies using Salesforce have seen an average increase in sales of 37%.
- Marketo has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for CRM Lead Management for 10 consecutive years.
- In 2020, Salesforce acquired Tableau, a popular data visualization tool, to further enhance its analytics capabilities.
Now imagine integrating the two of them? Magical isn’t it?
Marketo marketing automation is one of the most effective tools out there. The entire online consumer experience can be automated. It does not, however, attempt to be a sales CRM. It emphasizes audience engagement intelligence, channel interaction, touchpoint analysis, content, and digital experiences.
As a platform for teams that interact with customers, Salesforce excels. It maintains contact between you and your clients. Here is where you deal with them directly.
The insights provided by Salesforce are based on the activity created on its platform. As a result, you may anticipate relationship-based knowledge but less information about how your consumers behave without your influence.
With Marketo integration with Salesforce you can have the best of both worlds.
7 Benefits of Marketo and Salesforce integration
Here are 7 detailed benefits of integrating Salesforce and Marketo:
- Single Source of Truth: Integration of Salesforce and Marketo provides a unified view of customer interactions, providing sales and marketing teams with a single source of truth for customer engagement.
- Increased Efficiency: With a seamless flow of data between the two platforms, sales and marketing teams can avoid duplicated efforts, work more efficiently and respond to customer needs in real-time.
- Improved Lead Management: Marketo's lead management capabilities can be combined with Salesforce's sales process to provide a complete picture of the lead journey, enabling sales and marketing teams to better understand the needs and behavior of leads and customers.
- Better Customer Segmentation: With the integration of Salesforce and Marketo, customer data can be analyzed and used to create targeted campaigns and segments, providing more personalized and relevant experiences to customers.
- Increased ROI: By improving the efficiency and effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts, integrating Salesforce and Marketo can lead to increased return on investment.
- Easy Access to Data: Sales and marketing teams have easy access to data, including lead and customer information, enabling them to make data-driven decisions and take action faster.
- Improved Collaboration: The integration of Salesforce and Marketo encourages collaboration between sales and marketing teams, helping to align efforts and drive better results. By working together, sales and marketing teams can deliver more effective campaigns and provide better customer experiences.
How to Integrate Marketo and Salesforce?
There are multiple ways you can sync your Marketo data with Salesforce. But the easiest way is to use the native Salesforce to marketo integration tool.
You must remember one Salesforce or CRM instance can only be natively integrated with Marketo at once. You will need to undo your setups and start again if you already have another CRM integration active or wish to switch from Salesforce later.
Additionally, you'll need to use a third-party middleware tool if you want to add more CRM connectors.
Alternatively, you can choose a more intelligent integration platform that not only integrates like middleware but also enables you to demonstrate the contribution of your team to revenue. But for native tool here’s how you can do it:
- Set up Marketo Lead Management: Ensure that your Marketo account is set up for lead management, including custom fields and lead statuses.
- Enable the Salesforce Connector: Log into Marketo and enable the Salesforce Connector in the Admin section. Enter your Salesforce credentials and configure the synchronization options.
- Map Marketo Fields to Salesforce Fields: Map the Marketo fields to the appropriate Salesforce fields, ensuring that all relevant information is shared between the two platforms.
- Set Up Lead Synchronization: Configure the lead synchronization options in Marketo, including the lead statuses that trigger a lead to be sent to Salesforce.
- Test the Integration: Test the integration by creating a lead in Marketo and checking if it syncs to Salesforce. Ensure that all the data is being passed correctly and all custom fields are mapped correctly.
- Enable Opportunity and Activity Synchronization: If desired, enable the opportunity and activity synchronization options to allow Salesforce and Marketo to share opportunity and activity data.
- Fine-Tune the Integration: Fine-tune the integration as needed, including updating the lead statuses and mapping fields, to ensure that the integration is working optimally.
- Train Teams on the Integration: Train both the sales and marketing teams on the integration and how to use it effectively.
In conclusion, the integration of Salesforce and Marketo provides numerous benefits for sales and marketing teams. By bringing together the best of both platforms, teams can gain a complete view of customer interactions, improve lead management, increase efficiency and collaboration, and drive better results.
With a single source of truth for customer data, teams can make data-driven decisions, personalize customer experiences and deliver more effective campaigns.
Implementing the integration can be done using the Salesforce native tool, and with the right setup and training, the results can be truly transformative for your business. Whether you're a seasoned user or new to the platforms, the integration of Salesforce and Marketo is a smart move that can take your sales and marketing efforts to the next level.
Psst…. Psst… Looking for professionals who can help you with Marketo marketing automation and Salesforce integration for your business? We are here for you at Growth Natives. To know more talk to us at email@example.com.