An Easy-to-Follow Guide to HubSpot and Salesforce Integration
Marketing and sales technologies are constantly evolving now more than ever. While some companies may look for marketing automation and CRM solutions from a single vendor, most businesses opt in for integrated solutions when looking for the best fit. Two of the most powerful marketing and sales technology providers are HubSpot and Salesforce.
Both HubSpot and Salesforce distinguish themselves from other CRM platforms and marketing software by being practical, versatile, and able to address a range of business user demands—from marketing to sales. These two are extremely powerful tools in a company’s tech stack and getting the most out of both systems requires sophisticated strategies that leverage the strengths and limitations of the platforms.
Today we will help you figure out how you can achieve HubSpot and Salesforce integration to utilize their full potential, but first a little something about both the platforms.
HubSpot is a comprehensive marketing platform that offers lead management, marketing automation, content marketing, and analytics for landing pages. You can gather important data indicators and actively monitor them with top-notch HubSpot marketing tools to take advantage of performance gaps.
Salesforce is the best cloud-based sales platform, offering a variety of applications and robust CRM functionality. It makes it simpler for you to obtain the data you require, all in one view, and helps you manage customer data by helping you analyze consumer preferences, save and manage customer data. You can also boost sales and productivity, enhance internal communication, and track marketing activities and outcomes in real time using Salesforce CRM and its automation features.
Why You Need HubSpot and Salesforce Integration
1. Improve Sales Cycle
HubSpot CRM is best suited for smaller businesses with a lower budget, whereas Salesforce is better suited for large businesses. Therefore, achieving a lightning-fast Salesforce and HubSpot integration to gain access to important data from both CRMs. Moreover, the integration can help you:
When you sync records from HubSpot and Salesforce, you can set up automatic updates about important lead information to be sent to your team. This may include web activity, submitting forms, opening emails, and even segmenting leads based on their readiness to make a purchase. To avoid wasting time on "cold" consumers who are not progressing through the sales funnel, scoring lead data can assist your sellers to identify hot leads that are eager to interact. As a result, this can help shorten sales cycles.
2. Nurture Leads
The HubSpot platform provides lead generation, management, tracking, and nurturing solutions. The sales team may more precisely target their marketing efforts by obtaining insight into leads and feeding that information to Salesforce. Customer profiles gathered on both platforms will be more comprehensive as a result of data integration.
Based on certain behavior and engagement, you will be able to automatically add contacts from HubSpot to particular Salesforce campaigns. With the workflow tool offered by HubSpot, assigning tasks in Salesforce based on certain actions will be simple.
3. Improve Marketing and Sales Effectiveness
No matter which platform you use, integration instantly syncs the majority of the data from both systems, giving your marketing specialists and salespeople access to all the details about your clients and prospects. This completes the sales and marketing cycle, bolsters segmentation and personalization capabilities, and increases the precision of data analysis. Even KPIs will be based on more thorough and precise data.
4 Best Practices for Leveraging HubSpot and Salesforce Integration
Here are four best practices that can help you with your HubSpot and Salesforce integration seamlessly:
1. Know Your Sales Process
Learning about your sales process is important when it comes to integrating Salesforce and HubSpot. By understanding the sales process you will know what type of data needs to be captured in HubSpot and what data needs to be passed over to Salesforce.
Start information filtration by outlining the consumer information you need. If you choose to use prospecting calls, you can just pass leads and the question along. To make sure that your procedures are clear and founded on high standards of performance, you must qualify these leads.
You may make sure that you are further refining the leads by delving deeply into the data.
Before configuring the integration, you'll be addressing the buyer path and defining the necessary fields. You can use the integration incredibly quickly and successfully by briefly investigating and analyzing the data of your audience.
2. Avoid Syncing Your CRM Too Often
If you do not want your CRM to be too cluttered, do not opt for sync too often. For example, you are constantly syncing and saving every piece of data on your CRM. If that happens, your CRM will clog up with unprocessed/unorganized data. If data is synced often and leads are not nurtured or are irrelevant, your sales staff will waste time and be less productive
You can make sure your Salesforce integration is working properly by organizing all the necessary components, keeping highly qualified leads apart, and creating and creating all the necessary pieces.
3. Take Advantage of Hidden Fields
In HubSpot forms, there are certain useful hidden fields that you may use. With the use of these hidden fields, you can quickly and efficiently collect your prospects' information from Salesforce without them ever realizing it. By adding additional elements like lead source, buyer's journey/life cycle, or just assigning a lead owner, you may also get a little creative.
By minimizing the effort required to develop effective conversion funnels that harvest the user's data, these hidden fields can also aid segmentation and streamline internal operations.
4. Learn About Leads Contacts and Accounts in Salesforce
To develop the ideal fusion of both platforms, learning is a crucial component of the total effort. Understanding your salesforce platforms will help you to know how things function and how to handle everything without worry. You can exploit the combined functionality and use it to more effectively manage and keep track of your clients while reducing confusion in the long run by becoming familiar with the HubSpot Salesforce Platform.
How to Integrate HubSpot With Salesforce?
An inbuilt integration feature allows you to easily move data between HubSpot and Salesforce. It is quite simple to set up. All you need is a HubSpot marketing, sales or service hub professional account with admin access and have the HubSpot permission set assigned to you.
Steps to Integrate Salesforce and HubSpot
- Click the Marketplace button to access the marketplace in your HubSpot account. Choose associated apps from the "Manage." menu.
- The Visit App Marketplace button is located in the top-right corner.
- Click View integration after conducting a search for Salesforce integration. With this, the connector wizard will launch.
- The next step is to access Salesforce. Enter your Salesforce login information and click 'Log In' in the pop-up window. You will be returned to the HubSpot connector wizard once you have successfully logged in.
- The next step is to integrate HubSpot with Salesforce. To start the installation, select Start the Salesforce package here.
- After that, a link will take you to Salesforce where you may install the HubSpot connector package. Click Install after selecting the Install for All Users option. It could take up to ten minutes to finish the installation. Upon completion of the installation, you will receive an email.
- Return to the HubSpot connector wizard and select Next after the package has finished installing in Salesforce.
Adding HubSpot Visualforce Module to Salesforce
- This module allows you to view and filter contact activity, enroll contacts in HubSpot workflows, and determine how likely a contact is to close. Click Add HubSpot to Salesforce to continue.
- In order to add the HubSpot Visualforce module to Salesforce, you must follow the instructions provided in the connector wizard. Learn more about this module and how to add it by visiting this page.
- When finished, select Next.
- The choice of how data will sync between HubSpot and Salesforce is the last step.
- Click on Review settings if you select the Recommended setup.
- Now you need to set-up your contact sync settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select the contacts you want to sync. To sync all contacts with Salesforce, you may also select the Select All option. then select Next.
- Now is the moment to configure your task and activity sync settings:
- Choose the appropriate choice, then click Next to enable the Salesforce task sync switch, which will prompt HubSpot to create a task whenever one is created in Salesforce.
- Then set up your sync settings.
- You must lastly review your chosen data sync settings. You can click Change to change a data sync type's settings. After finishing, click Finish setup to start synchronizing.
- You'll be taken to your settings for integrating Salesforce.
- Salesforce and HubSpot will start syncing!
Congratulations! You are all done!!
The marketing tactics of most businesses have moved past the point of just ‘cold calling’ and the time has come for smart inbound marketing. And for that, HubSpot and Salesforce integration can help you improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns while increasing ROI. By using HubSpot and Salesforce integration best practices, you will be able to get clean data without duplicates or other errors and also significantly improve the consistency of both decisions, leading to a more effective marketing and sales strategy.
If you think you need help with a smooth and seamless HubSpot and Salesforce integration for your business, then we are here to help! Our experts at Growth Natives will guide you through every step of the way and ensure your business gets the most out of this integration. Ready to talk? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.